Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hunting

Location: Brad's Couch
Listening to: Full House

Oh, early March. The most stressful time of the year for college kids trying to get internships and find apartments. Both of which I am attempting to do right now.

I just recently finished applying for about sixty internships* and now I'm doing that fun thing where you wait to hear if anyone is interested in having you work for them. I have one interview so far, which is really exciting, but I'm really curious if anyone else is gonna want to talk to me. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself, because I feel like I'm behind the curve on extracurriculars and real-world experience. I only have a year and a half left after this one, so I feel like I need to cram in as much stuff as I can to make myself appealing to places after I graduate.

And then there is the apartment search. I've never had to look for a place to live before, but I am desperate to get out of the dorms. So I've been looking into apartments in town and near-by. I keep worrying that I'm not going to be able to budget myself and save up enough to pay month-to-month rent payments. I hate living paycheck to paycheck. It stresses me out so much. I'm just worried that I won't know how to budget stuff or how much utilities cost or any of that stuff.

Agghgghghghgh.

Anyway, I am in the business of hunting right now. I'll let you know if I get anything good.

Do you have any tips for finding internships or apartments? I'd appreciate either!

*That's an exaggeration. It was really only about twenty.

1 comment:

  1. You might like this cartoon about normal people. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/funny-quote_05.html

    ReplyDelete