Thursday, November 8, 2012

Reality Strikes

Sometimes life leaves you speechless.

Recent events that have happened in close proximity to my life (but that I'm going to refrain from discussing out of sympathy for my boyfriend -- don't worry, we're both fine) have made me realize how precious life is. One day you can feel completely fine, and the next you could be diagnosed with some terrible disease or hit by a car or choke on something.

Pretty much, you never know what is going to happen next or when things are simply going to end.

I spend a lot of time worrying about things I have no control over. I stress out over what other people think of me and what I'm going to do after graduation or where I'm going to be in five years.

Instead of concentrating on the present, I freak out over the future. Which is ridiculous, because I can't control the future. I can't decide if someone is going to like me or not. I can't decide what business is going to hire me. I can try my best to influence these things, but I can't control them.

I also complain a lot. When things aren't going my way or I'm not feeling my best or I just feel cranky, I don't hesitate to spew negativity. I don't take a lot of time to appreciate how wonderful my life actually is. I am blessed to have an amazing boyfriend, a loving family and friends who care about me.

I'm lucky to be going to a great school and learning about a subject I love so that I can go into the field I want to go into after I graduate. I have three jobs, and I may not be rich, but I have enough money to afford the cost of living and still be able to buy little extras every once in a while.

I am talented in many things and smart in many areas and my life isn't terrible at all.

I think a lot of people are like me. We get so caught up in the little things that are going wrong that we fail to see all of the great things that are happening. So I hope you can all take a moment or two to appreciate your lives. Even in terrible times, there are good things.

(Sorry for the random and mildly melodramatic rant. It's been an emotional day or two. Also, thank you for sticking with me these past few years. I really appreciate the feedback I get from you all. It's amazing to know that anyone reads this at all. If you have a chance, please take a look at my new book review blog. I'd love some feedback on my posts there. Thanks HM Weasley for following! http://abbiereadsbooks.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment