Listening to: Judge Mathis (I have a weakness for TV judge shows)
Thanks everyone for sharing your resolutions with me! TS - I loved your resolution to not make resolutions. I feel like that's probably a hard one to keep since, by making that resolution, you're immediately breaking it. HMWeasley - I think your resolution to write more is great. It's definitely one I could get behind. Good luck!
I figure it's been 2011 for almost a week, so I should probably get to coming up with some resolutions. And who better to share them with than you guys? So here goes!
Abbie's 2011 New Years Resolutions:
- Confront people when they do something that needs confronting about. I'm not going to take crap from people this year. I have a history of being kind of a doormat. If I find out all of my friends intentionally don't invite me to something or someone is talking crap about me behind my back, I pretend it didn't happen and continue on with my life. But it always bothers me. So I'm going to start doing something about it. Take a stand.
- Try to do something good for someone else at least once a week. I figure, other people are having just as hard a time with life as I am. Doing something to help someone or make them happy will just brighten up the world, and probably make me feel better, too.
- Study. I have a habit of not doing anything to prepare for classes or tests. I get good grades, but one of the things on my bucket list is to get a 4.0 GPA. I was close this semester (3.734), but I want to get there. So I'm actually going to study and...erm...do my homework.
- Spend less time online. I spend a ridiculous amount of my free time online in someway. Blogging, Facebook, Stumbling, whatever. I want to spend less time in the virtual world and more time in the real world.
- Prepare for my future. I want to take classes that are going to help me graduate, hopefully do an internship this summer, and work to prepare myself for life after college.
- Befriend at least one person in each class. Expanding my college social circle will just make me a happier person. You can never have too many friends.
I think those are the majority. I usually eat pretty well and I lost a lot of weight this year, so that doesn't concern me. I don't drink or party, so I don't need to cut back on that. Life is just good.