Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Weekend - Please Come Soon

Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: "I'll Take That As A Yes (The Hot Tub Song)" - Phil Vassar
Mood: Stressed




When I googled "stressed photograph", almost every result was a person with a constipated expression putting their hand on their forehead or pulling their hair and screaming. I liked this one much better.

Well, folks, it's been a week. I am so ready for it to be the weekend and not having to do anything...except, I just realized this weekend will be busy, too. Ugh.

Last weekend, I went home to visit my family. Which was great. Except, I got a bad hair cut and the weather got all snowy and I ended up not being able to drive back to school until Tuesday because the roads sucked, so I missed work and classes and yesterday was another extraordinarily busy day (class, radio, lunch buddy, class, studying, class, meeting more of Brad's friends) and today I had a test. I am ready for a break.

Little things keep annoying me. Like, my roommate is in a metals art class and she has taken to bringing her projects back to our room to file down. Which wouldn't be terrible, except the copper dust totally irritates my throat and eyes and it makes our room smell all metallic which makes me kind of nauseous, but when I asked her if there was somewhere else she could do that, her solution was filing into a different bag instead of our garbage can so the filings wouldn't stink up our room. Except, they still do.

Whatever. I'll deal with it.

How do you guys deal with stress? I always try a million different things like drinking tea and reading and napping and just trying to relax, but it never seems to work. I think part of the reason is that sharing a 12x12 room with another person is just constantly stressing me out. Any tips or suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. The best way to deal with stress is to do what you enjoy and not keep it all inside. You have to speak your piece to your roomie and work it out. She might have problems with you that you don't realize (I know, problems with YOU??? That is just kooky talk, right?) There is room for compromise there and you still have to live together for awhile. Try it.

    ReplyDelete