Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day!

Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: L.A. Beach Bum by Subb
Mood: Alright



I want this ring. So badly. I just love everything about it. It's symbolic (a knot tied around your finger so you don't forget something) and pretty and just nice.

Anyway. This past week, my college had a snow day! I was so, so, so excited. The initials for my high school were D.C.E. and people always joked that it stood for "Doesn't Close Ever". It could be negative forty degrees and white-out snow and they'd still make us show up for class.

But my first winter at college and BAM - classes cancelled! We had a blizzard earlier this week. Maybe you heard about it? A lot of the midwest got smacked with this huge storm and we got lots of snow and wind and apparently driving sucked and the snow drifts were HUGE!!! So Wednesday they didn't make us attend anything school-related. Which was awesome. It meant I got to spend the whole day lounging around and hanging out with Brad, which is definitely how I prefer to spend my days.

This weekend I'm going to be working on a project for my mom. My mom owns a video production company and wants to make a documentary about kids who grow up in houses where methamphetamine is used and what these kids go through because their parents are using drugs. Anyway, they already made one version for a client and now she wants to make her own version for film festivals and such, but she needed me to go through the footage and pick new clips and a new order and stuff since she has the other one locked into her mind.

So, that's what I'll be doing with my free time. It'll be so fun and not depressing at all...

What are you going to do with this weekend? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. My high school closes everytime it snows pretty much. It's awesome at first, but after a while gets annoying especially when you realize how many snow days you're going to have to make up later.

    I'm not doing a whole lot this weekend. I worked concessions at the freshmen basketball tourney earlier to day. It was really boring since we weren't too busy. No one tends to show up for freshmen games.

    I might go to the movies with some friends later, but we haven't made any definite plans yet.

    I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete