Monday, May 30, 2011

Failure.

Location: Home
Listening to: My neighbor's kids yelling outside

Well, apparently summer makes me suck at blogging. I guess that was kind of to be expected, you know? I go from being in a structured, educational environment where I always had other things to be doing but managed to find time to write at least once a week to a totally free environment where I have no limiting responsibilities and I can't find the time to bother updating.

Sorry!

Honestly, guys, my life is pretty boring. I started my job at Applebees, and at first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or stick it out all summer, but now I'm having fun with it. I also already have managed to have to call in sick, accidentally miss a good chunk of a shift, and totally fail to call in for an on call shift. And I've only worked there for a week. Granted, I'm not sure if the on call shift one mattered, because I'm still not entirely sure if you're supposed to call them or if they just call you if they need you, but I didn't get any stern lectures or phone calls, and I'm pretty sure they didn't need me because it was a sunny Saturday afternoon over Memorial Day weekend, so everyone was probably up at their cabins or out grilling instead of eating there.

 Tomorrow I'm going to visit Brad for his birthday. I'm soooo excited to give him his present. I can't tell you what it is yet, because he sometimes reads this and I don't want to spoil it, but I'm pretty sure he'll like it. I've given boyfriend's gifts before, but I've never been this excited about it, and I've never spent this much time/effort/money on someone I've dated (not that I spent a lot of money, because I didn't spend that much but Brad specifically told me that if I spend more than $10, he'll complain about me spending my money on him). And I'm excited.

That's really all there is for me right now. Maybe I'll have better stories when I get back on Wednesday. Who knows.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Can I be the first to ask you if you've got to wear "flair" at Applebees? Does anyone even get that joke?

    And, you got an award/nomination thing, which is a huge honor, I'm sure:

    http://www.thinkingthelions.com/2011/06/lunchmeat-that-isnt-scatological-zebra.html

    ReplyDelete