Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear Pottermore

Location: Dorm futon
Listening to: How I Met Your Mother and my neighbors talking





Dear Pottermore;

I am really excited to meet you. Like, excessively excited. You are a big, lightning-bolt-shaped mystery to me and I would like nothing more than to discover your each and every secret. I spent minutes upon minutes checking the registration page during early registration week, always missing it, until one day. One day, my super amazing boyfriend called me and said, "Guess what I just did?"

I had no guesses. But it was ok, because he was ready with the answer.

"REGISTERED US FOR POTTERMORE!"

I was beyond excited. Early access to the most anticipated website I've ever...anticipated? Awesome!

But, Pottermore, we're beginning to face a few problems. See, you should be alerting me aannnnyyyyy day now about when I can access you. That's what you told me. You said, "You should be hearing from us sometime between mid-August and early September."*

But I haven't heard from you. And it's early September. And I start classes tomorrow, so I won't have so much excessive free time to dedicate to you. So, I really, really need you to alert me, oh, like, right now. Because my roommate isn't here right now and my boyfriend is at work and all I have to occupy me is the internet and the TV, and, frankly, the internet isn't offering me much.

Please, Pottermore. I just want to get to know you.

Sincerely,
OakMidnight15

*This isn't actually a direct quote. It probably shouldn't be in quotes. But I think that's close enough to what it actually said for it to count. I'm definitely the future of journalism...lol.

4 comments:

  1. I KNOW, RIGHT?

    Gosh I'd like my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for my email too. Two of my friends also got accounts, and the three of us always spend a portion of our lunch time wondering when we're finally going to get our emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got into pottermore! I'm so excited, but there really isn't that much to do.

    ReplyDelete