Friday, April 6, 2012

New hurrrrrrr

Poop. I already failed BEDA. But it was a worthwhile reason. I am home right now for the first time since early March/late February. I just got back from hanging out with some friends who I haven't seen since probably August. It was nice catching up with them.

Remember yesterday how I told you I was giving a stranger a ride home with me?

Well, it wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. At least, not in the way I thought it was going to be. She and I ended up talking the whole 3 hour ride back. And we talked about really personal stuff (like people we know getting pregnant and relationships we've had and friend problems and all kinds of stuff). It was kind of weird. I've never been one of those people who just tells their life story to someone (well, ok, I guess that's kind of what I'm doing now, but this is different!) I have no clue why I was so open with this girl who I don't even know. I don't even think she and I will be great friends or anything after this.

Isn't it interesting how sometimes it's just so easy to open up to someone you don't even know? What is it that makes us trust strangers so much? Why do we feel so comfortable revealing so much about ourselves?

It makes you think.

(Also, I got a haircut. My friend, who is now a hair stylist, cut it for me. It looks grand. I love it. She's a pro.)

1 comment:

  1. Telling a stranger about your life is like talking to a pet. You can decide what you want to tell them from your perspective. It's more difficult to fool people who have known you for a long time. I admire you for all the chances you take...and you got a post out of it.

    ReplyDelete