Friday, April 20, 2012

Big Smiles

This week has been awesome. For a lot of reasons. I'm going to sum them up via bullet points for y'all.

-I found out I won a $1000 scholarship. With this scholarship comes the new responsibility of being one of the students who goes out and promotes our communication department to high schools, visiting students, and random other people/events. I'm really excited about this, because I love our comm department and it'll be a great experience for my resume.

-I noticed that the workout regime Brad started and I've gone along with is starting to have some positive affects on me. I'm looking more toned and I no longer lose my breath when I have to walk up four flights of stairs to get to work.

-Someone offered to pay me $250 for the rights to a not-so-great story I wrote 5+ years ago when I was in love with the Twilight series. (I quickly saw through this sham - when I asked a few questions, the person who claimed to be an independent publisher pretty much told me they were going to self-publish it on Amazon with their name on it instead of mine - but it's still flattering!)

-I found out I won another $500 scholarship, just because.

-Because of all of these scholarships and my financial aid, I am now going to have no problem paying for tuition and rent next year (knock on wood).

-Brad just surprised me by bringing home a Zumba game for the Wii that I really wanted and am extremely excited to try out.

I hope your weeks have been as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment