Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December!

Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: Christmas Music
Today's Odd Holiday(s): Eat A Red Apple Day; World AIDS Awareness Day


Hello, Blog!! How are you all today? I hope you are as wonderful as I am. Today is the first REAL snowfall of the year in my college town. Above is the view from my window. I am so excited. I adore snow. I love it passionately and would probably marry it if you could marry a type of weather.

My roommate and I are sitting in our room listening to Christmas music and feeling cozy and happy. Last night, Brad made me some fantastic hot chocolate. This is for sure my favorite season of the year.

December brings many things that I both love and loathe. It's the time when everything becomes snowy and magical. It looks so beautiful and makes everything seem shiny and new and glorious. It brings Christmas and time with family and friends and winter vacation. It brings the season finale of America's Next Top Model (which I am highly anticipating after a brief consideration of boycotting because Kayla got kicked off).

Sadly, it also brings bitter cold, which makes it really difficult to motivate myself to get out of bed and go to class. It also brings finals.

I normally don't stress over testing. I retain knowledge pretty well and usually don't have problems spitting facts back for tests. But I don't know what to expect for college finals. I mean, thankfully, all of my finals are just the test for the last unit we covered in class. And three of my finals have been cancelled, so I only have three to go to.

But grades seem so much more important now. My major has a required GPA, so I need to keep my grades up so I can do what I want to do. I'm worried that I'll bomb a test or a project and totally kill my grade point average. It doesn't help that I've never been one for studying, and now that teachers don't actively try to get you to work on things outside of class, I hardly give my class work a second thought.

Ugh. Oh well. I'll survive. I still have a few weeks until finals actually roll around. And I'm sure when they do I'll be a huge ball of stress and anxiety (which will probably be super pleasant for everyone around me). But for now, I'm just going to cozy up in my dorm and enjoy this beautiful snow.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you are a true girl of the Tundra. We welcome you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy December, happy snow, happy christmas season. :] Finals will go fine, just remember to take one day at a time and not think about everything all at once!

    ReplyDelete