Friday, June 18, 2010

Always winter, never Christmas.

Location: The couch.
Listening to: The battle scene in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Days til College: 73...aka too many

Well, hello, Internet. Fancy seeing you here. I never would have guessed that you could look as pretty as you do on my shiny, new(ly installed) Google Chrome. Fantastic! The fact that now I can make you all dressed up and fancy AND easily access my favorite websites from your handy bookmark toolbar AND still be able to frolic on StumbleUpon ALL AT ONCE is magnificent. Bravo, bravo!

Today I had fake college. I got to go to my campus (which, I feel the need to remind you, is 3 hours away from my home town and in this beautiful, charming little town conveniently between two bigger cities) and meet some other kids who are going to be going there in the fall and register for classes and get acquainted with how things work there. It was a surprisingly good time. At first when we got there, I was all embarrassed because my mom kept leaning over to read hand-outs over my shoulder and make sure I had everything I needed when I split from them to go off with my sectional group thing. I felt like a kindergartener (amusing fact: spell check wants me to change this word to kindergarten, kindergärtner, undergarment, or kindheartedness) all over again. But I guess I'm the baby and my mom doesn't want to admit that I'm grown up enough to do everything on my own and that in a few short months I'm not going to be here for her to nag on a regular basis.

Anyway, I met some super cool people including my friend Erik's future roommate (who turns out to be a pretty fun guy. He laughed at my jokes about stalking him and didn't seem the least bit creeped out when I told him (jokingly) that I was going to pitch a tent in their room and never, ever leave). And I met some people who are going to be Journalism majors with me. There were only 5 of us there, but that made it easy to get to know each other.

I'm really pleased with how my schedule for next year turned out. My first class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starts at 9, so I never have to wake up before 8 (which is an extreme improvement from high school where I had to wake up at 5). Mondays I have 3 classes, the last of which gets done at 5. Wednesdays I have two classes, the last of which gets done at 5. And Friday I only have the one class that ends at 10. Tuesdays and Thursdays are a bit more hectic. I have a class from 9:30-10:45, one from 11:00-11:50, and one from 12:30-1:45. But then I'm done for the day.

There was only one class that I wanted to take this semester that was full, so hopefully I'll be able to get into it next semester. It's a required communications class, and I need it for my major anyway. I even got to squeeze in a Theater Appreciation class, which has nothing to do with my major, but which I think will be fun.

Exboyfriend #1 has not left me alone since the other day when I posted. The day after I last wrote,  I went out to coffee with Dillon and Bob and I was talking about how I wish I could get Exboyfriend #1 to leave me alone, but I don't like being mean to people and I don't like it when people dislike me. So they told me just to be obnoxious and annoying and they told me all kinds of things to say to him (not mean things, just stupid things). So I did. And ever since he has not stopped texting me. So I just stopped responding to him. Hopefully he gets the message that I don't want to talk to him. I probably was way confusing and mixed-signal-ing what with all the texts the guys were having me send. Blaagghh. I will never understand guys. Ever.

What I'm looking forward to most in the next week: Going to this gigantic buffet with some of my guy friends, having a girls' night with the girls, and attempting to make Turkish Delight with Dan (every time I see it in The Chronicles of Narnia, it makes me want to try it).

1 comment:

  1. I used to feel the same way about Turkish Delight. Then I tried it and thought it was disgusting. Then years later I forgot how bad I thought it was, gave it another try and found it too be not as bad but still not good.

    ReplyDelete