Sunday, June 13, 2010

One of those days

Location: Desk
Listening to: The Tony Awards
Days til College: 78
Followers: 13!!!

Somehow since the last time I wrote, I gained two new followers! Hello Betty and Autless! I'm glad I somehow charmed you into reading my sporadic nonsense. It's a pleasure. :)

So I have officially been a High School Graduate-with-a-capital-G for about a week and, honestly, it feels wonderful. And by "it feels wonderful" I mean, "It feels just about the same as every other summer has except I know I don't have to go back to the hellhole that is high school and I get to move on to the exciting world of College". I've been a busy girl so far.

Graduation day was spectacular. I can't remember when the last time I wrote on here was, so I'll give you a summary of the activities.

Graduation Day (In a Nutshell):
Woke up. Went to class for three hours. Went to Subway with Alison and Dan. Went back to practice graduating. Went home and did laundry/cleaned my fish tank/changed. Graduated. Watched friends get hypnotized and do stupid things. Co-ed sleepover. All-you-can-eat Denny's pancakes.

I ended up having to work the day after graduation, which was kind of the longest thing ever because I was exhausted. But I got paid, so I tried not to complain too much.

Thursday was my senior recital for my voice lessons. It was Bob's and Steve's, too. It was really fantastic. The boys were hilarious and they sang wonderfully. I screwed up a few times, but so did they, so I didn't worry too much. The slightly-pretentious homeschooled guy I know (who I believe I've mentioned once or twice in here) sang Ces't Moi from Camelot which was hilariously ironic. (If you don't know the song, look up the lyrics and imagine someone who really thinks the world of himself singing them). Steve and I did our duet and only had one minor mishap. He hadn't had it memorized the night before, so I went to his house (for the first time ever, which is weird because we've been friends since 6th grade) to practice and there was one line he forgot to learn because on the recording, the girl sings it. So at the recital, he ended up singing something he made up completely off the top of his head. Which was amusing.

My friend/future roommate Allison is up for a visit. She stayed with me Thursday and Friday. It was really fun getting to see her and hang out with her (especially since we're living together next year). Pretty much we ran around and got into all kinds of hijinks. And it made me really excited for college.

Yesterday was my grad party. It ended up being a really good time. I got to see a ton of my friends and lots of my wonderful family. My parents got me a Kindle, which was pretty much the most exciting thing in the world to me. And I had an exboyfriend reunion. Exboyfriend #1 showed up and apparently sat in his car for 15 minutes writing in a card to me. He came to the party and awkwardly hugged me twice, dropped off the card, and left. And as he was leaving, who should appear but Exboyfriend #2! They saw each other and hugged (which was awkwardly entertaining) and then Exboyfriend #1 proceeded on his way out and Exboyfriend #2 came in and gave me an awkward hug and sat around for a while. Most of my friends are still mad at him for how he broke up with me (I've moved on, but apparently they care more about me than I do) so no one really talked to him. So he left. Then came back again. Then left again. Then came back with someone else. Then left about 30 seconds later. We're pretty sure he was mildly inebriated. Which was awwweeesoome.

I kind of think I might be developing feelings for one of my guy friends. But I'm not going to say who because I don't even know if I am. I just feel like I might be. And I think maybe he might like me (which might be why I think I like him) but I don't know about that either. Agghh. Hormones suck. I'll give you a hint about who, though. Throughout the course of my blog (the entire thing, not this entry) I've mentioned him a few times. You can guess if you feel like it. I'm not spilling, though. My lips are sealed!

It's just been one of those days. You know the ones. Where you feel kinda like everyone is out there with other people doing cool things and you're sitting at your computer eating pretzle M&Ms and listening to the intro music to You've Got Mail on repeat because you're trying to finish your blog post before you press play. Maybe because everyone is pairing off again. You know what they say. "When you're lonely, it seems like the whole world is in love."

Yeah. One of those days.

I hope you've all been having a fantastic day. And if you haven't, I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment