Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love is a Mixtape

Location: The floor.
Listening to: Buffy
Days til College: 63


Well, hello there, Internet. Long time no speak. What's crackin'? Oh my God, I can't believe I really just wrote that. I could easily just slide my fingers on over to the backspace key, but you guys don't judge (well, you haven't told me if you do, so I'm making assumptions here) so I'm just gonna keep going. La de da. Nothing going on here. Move along.

Life's been pretty boring lately. Lots of work. Lots of sitting around in my living room watching seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and building puzzles to justify to myself the amount of time I'm spending in front of the TV. I started reading this awesome book called Love is a Mixtape. It's the autobiography of Rob Sheffield, a music journalist and contributing editor of Rolling Stone. It's an amazing story. I'm less than 30 pages in and I'm in love.

I haven't seen much of my friends lately, but that's gonna change pretty quick. Tomorrow I'm going to see Toy Story 3 and then going to a local theater production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat that a lot of my friends are in. I'm supposed to go to my friend Devan's birthday party after, but he sent a mysterious Facebook message that may or may not have been sarcastic cancelling it. So I've gotta figure that one out. Hopefully it's not cancelled because I'm looking forward to seeing Devan and meeting a bunch of his (hopefully cute) friends. I've known Dev since we were 4. We went to daycare together. We're close.

Well, I can't really think of much else that's going on in the life of Abbie. I got to stop taking the meds I've been on since my mystery illness in December. So far I haven't had any problems. Which is awesome, because I don't want to go to college and have to wake up at 6 a.m. every morning to take a pill. Not my thing. Both waking up early (especially when I don't have to) and taking pills.

Anyway, life is uneventful. But I guess that's better than having lots of bad stuff going on, right?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're off the meds. That's pretty eventful in itself.

    ReplyDelete