Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why Girls Don't Wear Oldspice

Location: Desk
Listening to: Regis & Kelly

Last night was pretty much the biggest success ever. In the history of my life. It was the coolest/most exciting/funnest/greatest thing in the world. I just can't even fathom how fantastic it was. That's how fantastic it was.

We had finals until 11:05, which was a cinch because I didn't have any real finals. Just projects I had to present and stuff. So it was pretty much the easiest thing ever. I spent most of the day running around snapping pictures with my shit pile of a camera. Some of them are kind of entertaining.

Then Alison and I went to Subway and hung out with Dan. Half of our class ended up there, which was kind of cool, because we were all amped up on pre-graduation excitement. So everyone was being ultra friendly with each other.

After we ate, we headed back to the high school for graduation practice. Pretty much it was two hours of sitting in the gym pretending we were graduating while not actually graduating. It wasn't bad, though. I got to see and hang out with people. And Allison (my next-year roommate) came up to see us graduate, so I got to see her! It was awesome. She made me a bracelet that has my name woven into it. It's spectacular.

Several hours later, we all came back to the high school and went through the graduation ceremony - for real this time. It was my last time singing with the high school choirs, which was a little bitter-sweet. The whole thing was a little bitter-sweet. But I didn't cry! I was happy. After, we took the required five-trillion pictures and went to the band room to get our stuff. I ended up putting on some Oldspice deodorant because I felt sweaty and the only other option was Dove Powder Fresh deodorant, which doesn't do anything for making you feel fresh. Then we went to the school sanctioned post-graduation party. Which was actually really fun. They had all of these games you could play for monopoly money and then you could bid on things in a silent auction with your money. Alex and I ended up splitting this basket full of laundry essentials, because he out-bid me at the last second. But we're good sharers.

There was also a hypnotist there. The show was hilarious. The hypnotist picked 24 kids from the audience and hypnotized them and did all kinds of really neat things. The highlight was probably when everyone was all hypnotized and told to think of their favorite celebrity who they would want to meet and who they're attracted to and the hypnotist went down the line and asked everyone who their celebrity was and Jess's boyfriend said, "Jimmy Buffet." because he didn't hear the part about being attracted to them. And then when they were told they had to make out with their celebrity for an audition, he got all disgusted and when the hypnotist asked him what was wrong he went, "I don't like men!". It was kind of awesome.

Then everyone (Jess, Joe, Alex, Alison, Dan, and Steve) came and slept over. There was a bit of drama because Mel was pissed that she didn't get invited, but it wasn't her graduation and I'm not in high school anymore, so I don't have to put up with that drama. We all kind of slept in a pile on the floor. And when I woke up, I was confused about why I smelt like a boy. I had forgotten about the Oldspice incident at graduation. Then this morning we went to Denny's for $4 all-you-can-eat pancakes.

Pretty much, the best 24 hours I've had in a very long time.

Right now, I'm taking suggestions about what my new count should be. It could be a countdown to something or a tally of how many times I do something in a day or over an extended period of time, or an update on something that could change on a pretty regular basis (like the color of my shirt or something). It's up to YOU to decide!

1 comment:

  1. I say count down to the first day of college classes. That moment when you look around you in the tree covered courtyard and look at the old buildings and just breath in the smart. That's the best smell in the world. Of course I have no idea where you are going but where I went to University is was old, tree covered and smelled like smart.

    ReplyDelete