Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cure for Boredom

Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: TV Commercials


Today was a great day. Like, a magnificently wonderful day. Yesterday afternoon I found out that I for sure scored the job I was hoping for. I get to spend my work study time hanging out in the arts building, helping prepare things for events and helping work events. I'm so pumped. I love stuff like that. And I get paid for it. Yesss!!

Because I got this job, I needed some supplies from home so I could fill out all the proper documentation. So I met my parents halfway between college and home for some lunch and item swapping (my luggage set for a better guardrail for my bed, mattress pad, fridge shelves, and needed work documents). It was nice. We ate at this little cafe and got all caught up about life back home and things here. It's weird how distanced you feel after spending just a week away from your family.

Also, I'm officially friends with the hunky RA from the building next door. The one who tried to get my internet working for two hours before he even knew my name. He invited me to hang out with him and some friends last night, but I didn't know where they would be. So I messaged him with my number, and he messaged me back with his number and compliments on my taste in music.

Siiggghh. He has a girlfriend. I refuse to be a homewrecker, but I totally wish he was single. I guess I'll just buddy up to him and maybe someday if he ever gets single, I'll be there?

God, I'm lame.

Anyway, no class tomorrow due to Labor Day. So I'll probably spend it hanging around with my roommate. I'm still getting used to sharing space with someone. It's weird. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Well, that's it for now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment