Sunday, September 19, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 4:00ish p.m.
Location: The couch (back at home!)
Listening to: How I Met Your Mother
Todays Odd Holiday(s): National Cheeseburger Day


Well, this seems familiar. Haha. Yes, I'm back home for the weekend. I made a promise to some of my friends to come see a show they are in, so I made the journey back. Plus there is a family birthday party going on this weekend. And I need to do laundry and I don't want to pay $10 again.

I'm still loving college. I've met even more people since the last time I wrote. Two of them are really great guys who I could potentially see myself developing interest in. But I've known them both for less than a week, so I'm not making any decisions yet. One is named David. He was in show choir in high school, sings amazingly and plays all kinds of instruments, is hilarious, and is easy to be around. Downside: he parties and seems to be kind of cocky. I'm not into that. But he does seem pretty cool, and he respects that I don't party or drink or any of that. The other is John. He was in choir in high school, sings and plays guitar, is hilarious and easy to talk to. I haven't hung out with him yet one-on-one, so I'm not sure how easy he is to be around. He's straightedge, like me.


Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 11:00 a.m.
Location: Bed (at home)
Listening to: Shankhill Butchers by The Decemberists
Today's Odd Holiday(s): International Talk Like A Pirate Day; National Butterscotch Pudding Day; National Women's Friendship Day


Ok. I had to leave in the middle of my post yesterday to go do family things. But. I'm back now. I actually have better stories now. Which is awesome.

A bunch of my friends were in a local production of Pirates of Penzance, which is half of the reason I came home this weekend. To see them. The show was hilarious! There was not a dull moment in the entire thing. And the talent was incredible. There were so many incredible voices. The girl who played Mabel gave me chills when she sang. And my friend John is pretty much destined to be the next Josh Groban, and he played Frederic. So that was fun.

Afterwards, I went out with my friends Dillon, Bobby, and Chee to get caught up on life. I told them about the two guys who have kind of caught my attention to get their opinions. Once I mentioned that David parties, they immediately disliked him. They're pretty sure he just wants to get in my pants. I don't know him well enough to judge for sure, but he does seem a bit too good to be true. We played Truth to get to know each other (pretty much Truth or Dare without dares) and all of his answers seemed like they were designed to try and appeal to my preferences. It makes me wonder if he just looked at my Facebook or something and formulated his answers accordingly. It seemed more like he wanted to talk about himself than get to know me.

He does seem like a genuinely nice guy, though. I'll definitely be friends with him no matter what. He helped me jump my car Friday night, because I accidentially slammed the belt in the door, so the light stayed on all night and the battery was dead. So he tracked down a friend that had jumper cables and helped me out. Of course, they'd both been drinking by the time they got over to help me. Which was amusing except for when they got in a car and started driving.

My guy friends all think John is a winner. You have no idea how miraculous this is. I have never dated a guy that all of my guy friends approved him, and there they were, giving him the green flag. I was texting John while we were discussing him, and the guys decided they wanted to get to know him personally. So they asked me to see if he would submit to a Skype interview. So I asked. Thankfully, none of us were by computers, or it might have happened. Then they stole my phone and took his number and started texting him. I was mortified. Like, I was turning bright read and dying in the middle of a booth at Applebee's while my guy friends potentially scared off a potentially awesome guy.

But John was pretty cool about it. He just laughed it off and teased me for being so embarrassed. We ended up talking until 4:30 this morning. We played Truth, too, kind of. Only it wasn't officially a game. He just kept asking me questions and then I would ask him questions. He seemed like he truly wanted to get to know me.

So I'm not really sure where I stand right now on either of them. I'm hanging out with John when I get back to campus tonight. I'll see David again in class on Tuesday. I think I might keep hanging out with both of them as friends until/unless I seriously develop feelings for one. I don't want to feel like I have to date one of them, because I don't. I want to keep my options open, and right now they're both pretty good options. It's probably going to be kind of tough, because they're both pretty flirty. They both give off strong vibes of liking me, so I have to find a way to hang out and be encouraging but not be like, "Heyyyy, I for sure like you and this is more than a friendship." But we'll see. Who knows if someone else will come along? I mean, Hunky RA is still out there...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment