Saturday, September 25, 2010

I should be doing things

Location: Dorm desk area
Listening to: Commercials
Today's Odd Holiday(s): National Comic Book Day




If the world had any justice, I would be writing this from Jess's dorm room a few states away. There was a fantastic plan for me, her boyfriend, and two or three of our other friends to drive down and stay with her for the weekend, but there's been a lot of rain in these parts and the guy who was supposed to drive got flooded out, so the trip got cancelled. How sad.

So, instead of spending the weekend doing hilarious and wonderful things with some of my best friends, I'm sitting in my dorm room with the window wide open and enjoying the lovely fall breeze. This is kind of ok, because I spent a lot of time in the car last weekend since I went home. But I definitely wish I had some away time from my dorm. Too small of a space, too close proximity to the same person all day every day. It's wearing on me.

For anyone who ever goes to college, I would definitely suggest dorm life. Even if you live close enough to commute, you miss out on so much if you live at home or off campus. There's this huge social network you develop through the dorms. Imagine living two floors below your best friend or down the hall from some cute guys. You bond with the people on your floor and learn how to deal with the ups and downs of living literally four feet away from another person.

There is always something to do if you're willing to look for it. Someone is always hanging out in the basement or up for a game of pool or willing to walk to the shops with you. You can always track down someone to rant to or gush to or just hang out with. You meet all kind of people you never would have met otherwise, good and bad.

I'm pretty sure living in the dorms is doing a better job of preparing me for real life than any other part of college so far.

I don't really know what else to write about. What do you guys want to hear? Feel free to ask me any questions or suggest any topics or tell me what you want an update on. If you tell me, it will come. :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever reply to comments people make on your site? Like giving them some feedback?

    ReplyDelete