Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flay Ming Yung

Location: Desk
Listening to: Commercials on TV
Days til Graduation: 13

Flay. Ming. Yung. That's how my Foods teacher pronounces filet mignon. I feel like this sentence should turn into a "You know you're from the Midwest when..." kind of joke. But it's too hot and I'm too exhausted to think of a way to make that any more funny than it naturally is. So feel free to come up with your own joke for it.

I'm convinced that I live in the armpit of America. For the past few days, it's been in the upper 80's and lower 90's with disgustingly high humidity and overcast skies. Even with the air conditioning on, it still feels sickeningly warm. Like a fat, sweaty man is constantly pressing up against me. I can practically hear him.

"Hey, baby. My name is Rico. I'm a Pisces. I like game shows, the KFC Double Down, and Nickleback. And I have a glandular problem. Wanna dance?"

Ewwwww.

We got our yearbooks today, so I've been mildly nostalgic. Except for the fact that the only picture I'm easily identifiable in is my actually yearbook photo. Otherwise I'm in a bunch of group shots for clubs. I spent more time behind the camera (which is kind of impressive, seeing as how I didn't actually take yearbook for a class this year...but I was recruited anyway). It was nice though to go back and look at all the stuff that happened over the year.

Tomorrow we have this weird half day thing where we have classes for the first couple hours then forced "Fun Day" afterwards. It's not that fun, though. And you have to go. If you get caught leaving, you get a detention. Which is crap. Because no one wants to be there, except to sign yearbooks. But you can do that in classes for the rest of the year, anyway. So there's not much point in sticking around. Lots of kids mysteriously get sick or have "doctors appointments" during Fun Day. I'm not one of them. I tough it out to get some half-hearted signatures in my yearbook. I'll share the top 5 most creative ones tomorrow. Just for fun.

I'm off to battle the humidity for sleep. Hopefully I win.

2 comments:

  1. I was so glad to read that you too hate Nickleback. I knew you were one of the good ones. And those Pisces? You just can't trust them. They are a water sign and octopus live in water - a coincidence? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cal, now you're against Pisces? On of my nephs is a Pisces and I trust him. Well... trust-ish.

    Armpit of America. Yeah I live there currently. I don't mind dry heat but this humidity sucks. Especially when Rico leans in close to whisper in my ear that he's getting a tattoo of himself on his chest.

    ReplyDelete