Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grease 2: More Euphemisms, Less Fun

Location: Dorm bed
Listening to: A song about bowling from Grease 2
Days Without Fast Food: 15
Followers: 30!!!!




Yayyy new followers! Welcome Danni, R. Ortiz ,and Lex!!! :)

First: If you didn't get a chance to read my post from yesterday, I got to write a guest blog for Keltie Colleen which you should totally check out HERE! You could help me win some cool swag if you check it out yet today, and I would love you even more than I already do.

Right now, I am watching Grease 2, purely because it is on ABC Family and I'm bored. Thirty seconds in, I already decided I didn't like it. From what I can tell so far, there's a British exchange student guy who wants to get with one of the Pink Ladies (possibly Michelle Pfeiffer, I wasn't really paying attention when hey was swooning over her). Frenchie has returned to graduate so she can go and get a chemistry degree and make her own cosmetics, and she is pretty much Brit Boy's only friend. The Pink Ladies are all revamped and sassy and kind of...manly. There's some sexy music teacher who all of the guys are trying to get with.


That video is the scene I just saw. Don't ask me why they were bowling. Don't ask me why them bowling turned into a huge euphemism about having sex. I clearly have absolutely no understanding of this movie except for the fact that I don't like it.

At one point, Michelle Pfeiffer was giving the Pink Lady's Pledge and all I could think of was the musical Cats.


It appears that there's some kind of school talent show going on. And the British guy wants to be a T-Bird to win over the Pink Lady of his dreams. I really don't understand what is going on here. I am so lost. Do people actually like this movie?!?

Now Michelle Pfeiffer is singing a song about how Brit Boy isn't cool enough to hang out with her. She'll only date a "cool rider." She wants "hell on wheels." I'm not making this stuff up, guys. I don't think I could if I tried.

Oh. My. Dear. Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

NOW THEY ARE SINGING A SONG ABOUT SEX ED. SERIOUSLY, GUYS!!! A SEX ED SONG!!!


I can't handle this. I'm moving on to other things.

Thank you all for your support yesterday! Don't forget to check out my post at Keltie's Blog, and to let me know if you have any good ideas for themes for my radio show!

Also, you should check out my friend Dani's blog. She's just set it up and I'm sure she would love if you awesome folks gave it a look. She's super sweet and funny and I'm sure if you like my nonsense, you'll love hers.

EDIT: Ok, so I kept watching Grease 2. It was like a train wreck. I couldn't look away. The British guy got a motorcycle for doing some guy's homework and everyone thinks he's super mysterious now because they can't figure out that the new motorcycle guy is just the British guy in a leather jacket.

And one of the T-Bird guys is trying to convince this girl to have sex with him in a fall out shelter. He's literally singing, "Let's do it for our country, The red, white and blue, It's not too much to ask of us, Our parents would approve." and "Let's do it for our country, our country wants us to."

Seriously.

This is beyond ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment