Monday, April 25, 2011

Last Week of BEDA!!!

Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: Gilmore Girls (the one where Rory gets the job)
Days Without Fast Food: 31ish




You guys! I practically made it! Sure, I missed a day, but there is only one week left of BEDA! Honestly, I am pretty glad that it's almost over. I love writing every day, but there's so much pressure to write about interesting things and my life is just so...not interesting. I can't think of things to write about and I'd rather write good posts every few days than write half-assed posts every day.

The semester is winding down and I feel weirdly unstressed. Normally I would be buried under final projects and studying for exams, but I wrote my big papers last Thursday and I don't have anything big or stressful to do yet. It's pretty nice. I also found out that I'm getting a scholarship for next year, which will be nice because I totally got ripped of for financial aid.

My plans for the next few weeks: Spend as much time with my boyfriend as possible and enjoy the nice weather. I don't know how I'm going to handle this summer. Brad has a job down here and, well, lives down here, and I have a job back home, so we'll be 3 hours apart for most of break. I'm going to drive down and visit him a lot and he's going to come up and visit me, but it's going to suck being so far apart for so long. I guess that's what Facebook and phones and Skype are for, right?

Have you ever had to do the long distance thing with a relationship? How did you manage it? What types of things did you do to make sure things didn't fall apart while you were apart?

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear, long distance. Let me tell you. Skype and patience. Set Skype dates and treat them as real dates. Like, plan around them. Maybe both watch an episode of something on hulu, or both drink hot chocolate, or eat dinner... it sounds stupid, but trust me. Having set things are better than just randomly Skyping. Not that those are bad! It's just a lot easier to get frustrated then.

    You'll be fine if it's meant to be! :]

    ReplyDelete