Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Parking Gods Smile

Follow my blog with bloglovin
Location: Dorm Desk
Listening to: That 70's Show
Days Without Fast Food: 11
Followers: 25!!!



AAAHHHH!!!! I have two new followers!!! HoofprintsAndFootprints and Jamie Kaiser, thanks for following this! I'm excited to share all of this nonsense with you. :)

I don't know what good parking lot related deed I did in a past life, but I'm sure as hell glad it's there sending me good parking karma. Because today, I faced a very unpleasant parking situation.

Every Wednesday, I go to a local elementary school to have lunch with my Little Sister, Ashley. I usually drive because it would be a long walk and my classes and stuff don't give me enough time for a leisurely stroll, so today after my shift at the radio station, I walked to the parking lot like normal.

Something you should know: I park in the least convenient parking lot for my side of campus. It's half the cost of parking in a lot that is close to my dorm, and I don't use my car all that often except for when I go home and go to the elementary school, so it's usually not a big deal except that it takes a good five minutes to walk there and I always forget to plan for that time.

Anyway, today I got to the parking lot and scanned the row I usually park in for my car. And...it wasn't there. I clearly remembered parking in the same spot in the corner that I always park in, but someone's green Jeep was there instead. I was totally confused, so I started searching the parking lot, thinking maybe I forgot that I parked elsewhere. I walked up and down just about every row of cars, but mine was no where to be found.

I was texting Brad that I lost my car, my brain frantically scanning through everything that could have happened (Did it get towed? Did someone steal it? Did I even have a car, or was it all just a figment of my imagination?!?) when I remembered.

Last Friday, my roommate really wanted to go to Culvers. I gave up fast food for Lent, so I wasn't going to go with, but the weather was rainy and cold and gross and she offered me a free Concrete Mixer (yum!) if I would drive her. I never turn down free ice cream, so we went and got my car and got ourselves some Culvers. By the time we got back, it was down pouring and gross. I did not want to walk the five minutes from my car to my dorm, and on weekends we're allowed to park anywhere on campus, so I parked in the lot nearest to my dorm.

And I forgot about it.

My car had been sitting there all weekend, as well as Monday and Tuesday. At my college, your car gets towed after three unpaid tickets. If the parking attendants had been doing their jobs correctly, my car should not have been there when I (frantically, crazily, frustratedly) ran to where I'd left it once I remembered that I stupidly left it in the wrong lot.

Instead, I had one $15 ticket. From today. From two hours before I got to it. (That's todays photo).

Someone with some kind of power over parking is looking out for me.

I hope you all had pleasant surprises today! TS - Thanks for the comment yesterday. I had no clue Angry Birds was going to be a movie. That's insane! I guess if it's a kids thing (which I'm sure it will be) it could work. Brad downloaded it for his iPod and is letting me borrow it, so I've been playing for the past hour while I've been watching Top Model. Ahhhh, this is the life. :)

More tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this has TOTALLY happened to me before. The moment you remember your stomach just DROPS. I'm so glad you got away with just a ticket. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky duck. lol. I'm happy that the college I'm planning on attending everything on campus is accessible by foot in a pretty fair amount of time. I'll need my car for weekend trips to mom and dad's. :)

    I enjoyed reading your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete