Friday, April 8, 2011

Passive-Aggression & Radio Shows

Location: Dorm desk
Listening to: Bruised by Jack's Mannequin
Days Without Fast Food: 13




This is my bust of Abe Lincoln. Two of my (super awesome) friends got him for me as a going-away-to-college present when they spotted it at a garage sale. Actually, he's an Avon men's aftershave holder thing, so if you take off his head, he smells like really bad cologne.

I was totally surprised (and amused) at the number of you who commented about your love of ANTM (and other similar reality shows) yesterday! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys the trashy drama and pretty pictures. I usually make Brad watch it with me every week, but he works on Wednesday's now.

Well, today I am just counting the hours until the weekend. Things have been getting slowly crappier since last night. I usually don't spend a whole lot of time in my dorm because I have a very conveniently located boyfriend who has his own apartment. But he works on weekends, so I spend Saturday and Sunday in my room. My very tiny room. That I share with a friend who tends to have a very pessimistic attitude, which wears me down.

Last night was one of those nights when little things were just annoying me, so I started playing the Passive-Aggressive Roommate Game. It's not a fun game, except for the small amounts of petty satisfaction it gives you, but those are short lived. It's played by defying your roommate's tendencies by doing things that flagrantly disregard their unstated wishes (such as leaving the door wide open when you leave the room or keeping the volume of the TV one notch louder than necessary or blow drying your hair while they watch TV).

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm kind of a pro at this game. Don't get me wrong, if something rational is bothering me, I'll talk about it. But when it's just little things that are irking me that I know are silly, this is how I handle it. It's immature. It's stupid. It's not even very cathartic. But I do it anyway. And she plays right back. And then I get cranky, even though I totally brought it upon myself. And then my bad mood carries over to the next day and puts a damper on things.

Grumblegrumblegrumble.

So, I've mentioned before that Brad and I have a radio show on campus. Each week, we come up with a new theme and base the music/news stories/segments we do on it. In the past, we've done things like food, animals, weather, people, places, our state, love, and some other things.

What do you guys think would be good themes for us to use in the future? We usually try to keep it light, so we like themes that lend themselves towards funny or weird news stories and interesting facts or top 10 lists. We only have a few more weeks left in the semester, but I'm starting to struggle to come up with themes that I can find enough music to fill two hours with as well as stuff for segments.

Let me know what kinds of things you think would be interesting to hear!

That's it for me today. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment