Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Things you wouldn't expect to hear

Location: The desk (old habits die hard)
Listening to: FlyGirls
Days til Graduation: 47 or so.

My head kind of hurts, and I don't feel like talking about my day (mostly because nothing happened), so I'm going to make a list. And yes, I may have stolen the idea from Facebook. Sue me.

Fifteen Things About Me

1.) Wolverine is my favorite superhero/comic book hero guy. I really don't know why. Probably because of the Hugh Jackman portrayal. That and wolverines are the most badass animal ever. They have razor sharp talon things and will not hesitate to slice your face off if you look at them the wrong way. What about that does not scream "awesomeness"?

2.) I would rather have to give a speech in front of hundreds of people than take a math test. I was misguidedly placed on the advanced math track in 6th grade, and in the past six years have achieve approximately one A and many, many C's in my math classes. Numbers don't agree with my brain, so I avoid them.

3.) I fold paper cranes when I'm bored and have paper with me. This happens a lot during plays when they stick random sheets of paper in the program. Or if the program is just a piece of paper folded in half. Consequentially, I have many paper cranes laying around, but few ways to reference who played what in what and when.

4.) Apples and peanut butter are the best food combination ever. Added bonus: It's totally healthy for you. The apple gives you nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. The peanut butter gives you protein and healthy fats/oils, plus protein helps you stay full-feeling for longer, so you don't go searching for another snack right away.

5.) I play Bejeweled like nobody's business. My high score on the Bejeweled Facebook app is somewhere in the 500,000 point range. Beat that.

6.) Boys constantly baffle me. But I think that's an expected part of being a teenage girl. And I think that's probably also something you've figured out for yourselves (because you're all highly intelligent, I bet). But really, they make no sense. Just....none. At all. But I still like them a lot. Hahaha.

7.) Iceland used to be #1 on my list of places I wanted to travel to, but this volcano situation kind of is ruining that for me. I would love to visit there, but if Mount Eaylafasgahaha (or whatever it's called) keeps exploding, I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Because I'd rather not cross that one off my list than be consumed by magma and ash. But maybe that's just me.

8.) Facebook is my biggest vice. I spend pretty much all of my time between 3 and 10 p.m. on there. I have no clue how I manage to waste seven hours of my life a night sitting in front of the computer, waiting for toher people to update their statuses. But I do. And I hate it.

9.) I love mittens. And hats. And scarves and just about anything you wear during the winter. They make me feel cozy and they're adorable and I just...really like them.

10.) I read a lot. And I read everything. Fluffy chick-lit, serious stuff, classics, adventure, everything. Well, not so much stereotypical Sci-Fi stuff (I'm not big on aliens or things like that). But just about everything else.

11.) According to my dad, my car looks like it's been through a demolition derby. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. Sure, I got hit-and-run in the parking lot once and one side of my back bumper is dented in a little. And, ok, I get too close to the curb sometimes, so the undercarriage-area is a little scratched up.And then there's my little rear-end experience from the other week which left some little scratches on the back.  And it may or may not be currently missing a hub cap. But besides all that, it doesn't look THAT bad.

12.) I like driving fast. On a road trip some of my friends and I took over our spring break, it took me an hour and a half to make a 2 hour trip. I went 95mph most of the way on 65mph highways. :)

13.) I have a weak spot for acoustic music. I just love the sound of acoustic guitars and pianos and singing. And the lyrics seem to mean so much more when there's not all that extra stuff going on trying to impress people. Acoustic is pure and simple and honest. And I love it.

14.) My wallet has a weak spot for pretty dresses, Starbucks Vanilla Bean frappacinos, and books. Which might explain why I have under $200 to my name at the moment, even though I've been working constantly since December.

15.) I love being independent. It makes me feel mature and important when I'm doing things on my own, especially when I accomplish something or finish something that took a long time. I hate having to ask for help, because I'm afraid the things I don't understand are things everyone else understands and I don't want to look stupid. Then again, I worry too much about things like that. (I worry too much in general, but that's another story.)

Alright, kids. That's it for now. My head feels like it's gonna explode and my ear kind of hurts (agghhh, I hope I'm not getting sick again!) so I'm gonna go shower and probably go to sleep (or watch lame reality TV on my non-cable television channels). What did you do today?

1 comment:

  1. Lol, Your "wallet" has a weak spot.

    Bejewelled... yeah that's pretty fun. Have you tried Speed Mahjong? I got playing that on Facebook the other day and it's taken up way too much time.

    ReplyDelete