Friday, August 6, 2010

Catching Fire

Location: Couch
Listening to: My dog panting, the wind blowing outside, and my neighbor yelling at her dog
Days til College: 22
Followers: 19


I believe this is the third day in a row I've had a new follower. I really like this streak. Maybe it'll keep going? Who knows. But I like hit. Welcome, Devon(nnnnn)!!!

So, I finished reading The Hunger Games at about 3 a.m. today. I picked up reading at about 11:30 and couldn't put it down. It was so good. And the ending had me completely shocked. I did not see it coming at all. Plus, they left things dangling at the end. So, of course I had to go and buy the sequel today. It's called Catching Fire and I've just started it and I already love it just as much. Seriously, thanks Lex for the recommendation. I'm really glad I chose to start reading them now, because the last book in the trilogy comes out on August 24, so I'll be able to buy it right away. Yessssss!!

I also bought An Abundance of Kathrines today. So now I own 3/4 John Green books (the one I'm missing is Will Grayson, Will Grayson and I think I'll wait til it's in paperback). I'm pretty sure I'll fly through those, too. Especially since I'm clocking at least 72 hours (possibly 96 hours) away from a computer this weekend, 8 of which are going to be spent in a car. So I'll have plenty of time to read. And knit. It's my goal to finish this  damn scarf before I head off to school. And then I'm going to teach myself how to knit mittens. (This will be a dangerous task because I adore mittens and once I learn how to make them, I'll probably make way more pairs than I'll ever need. I'll spend all of my money on yarn for mittens and go bankrupt and drop out of college and have to life on the street with just my abundance of mittens for shelter. How tragic.)

This sudden influx of awesome books to my life leaves me with one big problem. I know, I know, you're all thinking, "How can a lot of really awesome books cause problems? Wouldn't they just make life more awesome?"

The answer is yes. Except that I'm moving to a 9x13ft dorm room in about three weeks with limited shelf space which I have to share with another person. I really need to go through and decide what I'm bringing. I think I'll do that when I get back from camping.

In the mean time, I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. I'll be practicing my (extremely limited) wilderness survival skills with my family. This mostly entails sitting in a tent/camp chair/on a beach with a book and hoping a bear doesn't eat me.

I hope a bear doesn't eat you, either. :)

1 comment:

  1. An Abundance of Katherines is my absolute favorite! Soooo good. Will Grayson Will Grayson was really good too, but Katherines is funny and cute and I love it.

    Have you read Let it Snow? John, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle all wrote it, and I love it as well. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete