Monday, August 16, 2010

So insanely productive

Location: Desk
Listening to: The Super Mario Bros. movie
Days til College: 11

I think I technically already blogged today. But today felt like it lasted about a week (and I got as much done as I usually do in a week) so I feel another post is due.

I woke up at 6 a.m. today due to a nightmare that made me afraid of going back to sleep. I don't have normal nightmares. I mean, I've had the ones where some monster is chasing you and stuff, but normally my nightmares are freakishly realistic. This particular one was about one of my mom's friends attempting suicide, and my mom and I found the note and went to look for her and wound up in this abandoned building which was creepy in itself, but then we got surrounded by gangstas/crack heads/crazies and they were going to kill us. That's when I woke up. Nothing remotely similar to this has ever happened in my life and I honestly have no clue where it came from.

Anyway, so I was up at the crack of dawn, practically, and decided I needed to get stuff done today. I've spent most of my summer sitting around being a lazy bum and spending my money on frivolous things. So after I'd been up for a while and I was pretty sure stores were open, I got read and started my crazy-productive day.

I went to the bank and withdrew the money I owed my parents for my tuition. Which was about half of my savings. But I still have the other half, so I don't care too much. Plus, it's not like college isn't going to benefit me.

Then I went and got my license renewed. That in itself felt like it lasted about a week. I forgot to bring a book or anything to amuse myself with, so I ended up people watching and texting my friends until it was my turn. There was a guy with a really adorable baby, some punk looking guys, and a lot of really cranky looking people. Almost everyone was there with someone. Probably so they didn't get as bored as I was.

When I was finally done, I dropped a fleece jacket/sweatshirt/zip-up thing off at the dry cleaners, because about two years ago I accidentally snagged the zipper on something and the little pull thing came off, so it didn't zip anymore. I finally decided to get it fixed, because it's really warm and will probably be nice to have next year.

I had an appointment for the dentist, so I went there next. I ended up getting there 15 minutes early, which would not usually be a problem, but everyone was on their lunch break. So I did some more waiting.

After that I went shopping with my mom and sister for the rest of my college stuff. I think I'm still missing a few things, but nothing I absolutely can't live without.

And then came the best part: I bought a ukulele. I'M SO EXCITED!! You have absolutely no idea. See, my fingers are really short and I've tried to teach myself how to play the guitar, but I'm not patient enough for six stringed instruments and every time I tried to play a chord, my short fingers would be flat against the neck and press down on all the strings and make this horrible noise instead of music.

But I write a lot of songs. And I play the piano a bit. And I've always wanted to write music for my lyrics. I've never been able to. Exboyfriend #3 once helped me write some music for a song, but that's the closest I've ever come.

So I figure now I can write music for my lyrics and be that adorable/intriguing girl in the dorms who knits things and plays the uke. I'm soooo pumped!!!

I also worked some more today. And I might go out with my friends soon. There was another dance party thing tonight. I'm waiting to hear from them.

Well, more tomorrow. Buhbye.


  1. Since you mentioned in your other post about not getting video suggestions for your vlog, I suggest you vlog about your attempts to learn to play the uke!

    Which just makes me excited because I have short fingers too! There's hope for us all!

  2. I hope you went to the dance party because they are AWESOME