Thursday, August 19, 2010

I always do this.

Location: Couch
Listening to: The Vampire Diaries
Days til College: 8


Ooooh, college is getting close. I'm super excited. And nervous. But mostly excited. I can't wait to move in and have my own dorm room and meet new people and try new things and have cool classes and be (mostly) on my own. I love that I'll be (mostly) independent. Yesssss!

I lost my library card for about the five billionth time ever. Which is aggravating, because I have stuff on hold and stuff I wanted to put on hold and I can't get anything without my card. Laaammmeee.

Also, I got my first assignment for college newspaper! I'm so excited. I get to do a review of my 5 favorite movies that came out this summer. The only problem is, I've only seen 5 new movies this summer. And they were Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Eclipse, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and The Last Airbender. And I really don't want to have to review Eclipse. Because I don't want to give everyone at college the impression that I'm some twi-hard. I really kind of hate that series. But I also don't want a lot of crazed Twilight fangirls haunting my dorm and terrorizing me.

I'm also super nervous for this article. Because it's the only chance I get to make a really strong first impression on my editors and to show them what I can do. And I'm not used to reviewing. And I don't want to sound like a contrived little high school girl who thinks everything is, like, OHMYGOD SO AWESOME! I want to have personality and finesse and persuasiveness and creativity and wittyness. But I'm super scared that it's just going to sound...lame.

Ahhhhh stress, my fickle friend. We meet again.

My ukulele shipped and it should be here by next Wednesday. I hope it comes early. I already getting ideas of songs I want to learn. I'm definitely going to make some videos of my learning experience. Hopefully they're cool. Haha.

Speaking of videos, I'm uploading a new one as I am writing this. It's about my ghost hunting adventure. Go watch it! And leave me some feedback. Ok? Ok. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. You'll do great and this article could give you an excuse to go see a Final Days of Summer movie! Just be honest about what you thought of the movie and give basic information about plots and what you think the demographic for the movie would be and whether or not you think adults and kids would like it. Read other reviews if you're worried about sounding too much like you're gushing.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete