Thursday, August 12, 2010

Your mum is so fat, her patronus is a cake!

Location: Couch
Listening to: The whirrrrrrring of a fan.
Days til College: 15


I just discovered the quote that is my title. And I'm still laughing. I honestly think it might be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Obviously, I'm not the creative genius who came up with it, but I totally wish I were. Or that I knew them and could thank them for their brilliance in person.

I have to post now at the ungodly hour of 5pm because I work at 6 tonight. And I might go over to Jess's afterwards because she's having a bonfire tonight. Or, that's the plan. Except, it's been about five trillion degrees and super humid (my favorite...) all day and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to get some wicked storms tonight, so we might end up just sitting around inside instead.


Tomorrow is Friday the 13th. I'm so excited. Just now I was kind of curious about why Friday the thirteenth is considered to be so unlucky but, like, Wednesday the 13th is just fine. According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th. There are a couple theories about why this day is unlucky. None of them really made a ton of sense, though. I mean, they all boiled down to "Friday is unlucky. Thirteen is unlucky. Thusly, the combination is doubly unlucky."


Duh. I could have said that. It doesn't really explain why Fridays or thirteens are unlucky, though. So I guess I'll just have to live in mystery. The one that was the most logical was that apparently, in Christianity, Jesus was crucified on a Friday and there were 13 people at the last supper.


Anyway, for me, Friday the 13ths are always awesome days. Really great things happen to me. I'm pretty sure I've started dating people on at least two of them. I haven't ever died, and my clumsiness seems to recede greatly. To celebrate the superstition, Alison and I are hosting a scary movie party tomorrow night. Like, real scary movies. Not ones like Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter that I really enjoy but everyone else hates because they're so cheesy.


In other, non-calendar related news, I uploaded a new video today. I decided to go ahead and start doing book reviews. My first pick: The Hunger Games by Susan Collins (what else?!). 






If you have any ideas of books for me to read and review, please let me know! I've filmed a few more reviews, but I'm waiting to see if people like this one before uploading them. And don't forget to let me know if there's anything you want to see me blog/vlog about. I want to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

  1. After your review, I read the book! It was so amazing(for lack of a, deserved, better word.) Thankyou! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'VE LITERALLY BEEN COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS UNTIL MOCKINGJAY

    ReplyDelete