Sunday, August 29, 2010

Let's just pretend I posted the last few days, ok?

Location - Dorm Computer Lab
Listening to - The hum of the air conditioner
Days til College - -2


Accckkk some asshole was messing with this keyboard so half of the non-letter symbol things are not on the right keys and I'm really confused (I just had to push shift plus 7 for the apostrophe and shift plus 8 for the parentheses).

Anyway, I'm all moved in and settled in and all of that good stuff. There's so much going on here. I've made some new friends and done about a million get to know someone activities and watched movies and played bingo and gone on a scavenger hunt and hung out with some RAs from my sister dorm (where I frequently go to hang out as I am the only person in my early-arrival program in my dorm and most of my friends are in my sister dorm).

On the first night, we were all trying to set up the wi-fi on our laptops so the RAs came to help us. They got Andie's (one of the girls I'm friends with) in about five minutes. They tried mine for over two hours and couldn't get it to work and then invited us to hang out with them as they played Tiger Woods ProTour 09 or something in one of their rooms. It was a good time.

So that's why I haven't written the past two days. I tried! I really did! I even wrote an entry in my journal to post up here on the first night, but the second night after our movie party I went to the computer lab in my basement and it's offline so I had to wait until morning to come over here and use this one.

Tonight is our last night of ULEAD, and then tomorrow we help the other freshmen move in. Should be a fun time. I decided I like meeting new people. Tis fun.

OH! And I absolutely LOVED Mockingjay! It was sooo good. Hunger Games is still my favorite, followed by Catching Fire, but Mockingjay definitely was worth the read. It was more about the politics and ethics of the society rather than action-y (although there was a decent amount of action).

Anyway, I have to go. I need to find time to eat breakfast before I have to go to my first session for ULEAD today. BYE!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at college despite the internet fail! I think it's typical for internet to suck at college!

    ReplyDelete