Friday, August 20, 2010

I must be getting popular

Location: Couch
Listening to: One of those awkward KY commercials
Days til College: 7 (Holy crap, that's a week)
Followers: 20


Yay! New follower!!! Welcome h_m_weasley. I already love you because of the Harry Potter-ness of your name. :)

So, I recieved the first sign that I must be gaining some slight molecule of popularity on YouTube. I got my first ever angry/hateful comment! It mostly made me laugh.

Bigboy75024 (which is a laughable name) wrote on this video: "u wasted 4 minuets of my life i hope that u are happy".


To which I badly wanted to reply, "Yes, I'm sorry I tied you to a chair and taped your eyelids open while you were in front of this video which I obviously made you hit play on because you had no free will in the matter of deciding whether or not to watch this video. I'm sorry I broke your fingers, therefore making it extremely difficult and painful for you to click pause and stop watching this video after it started. I'm sorry I wasted 4 minutes of your life you could have spent learning correct grammar and spelling. The world is a worse place because of this video."


But I didn't. Because I don't want to be a snarky bitch (although, that guy kind of deserved it. It's not like I was holding a gun to his head and demanding that he watch that video. I don't even know who this guy is.) Anyway, this situation made me realize that I have no clue how to respond in this context. If someone said that to my face, I totally would not hold back. But it's someone who I've never met who has never met me who is probably just trying to get a rise out of me.


What do you guys suggest? Would you respond or ignore it? And if you respond, would you be snarky or polite?

1 comment: