Thursday, August 5, 2010

Those crickets sound nice with that police siren in the background.

Location: Couch
Listening to: The crickets outside.
Days til College: 22
Followers: 18!!!


Aaahhhhh!!! Another new follower!!! I've gotten a couple of those just this week. I like that. It makes me happy. HI COURTNEY A!!!! I hope you enjoy this. :)

So today was just as uneventful as the past few. All of the trials that were happening this week got cancelled, so I don't have to be a juror. I guess I feel kind of bittersweet about this. I mean, I'm glad I didn't have to go and sit in a room in the courthouse for eight hours just to be told I wasn't needed anymore, thanks for coming, we'll be sending you a check for $11 + mileage compensation in two to three weeks. Or get stuck with a trial about cows or traffic or something else dull. On the other hand, I could have been a juror for some totally interesting trial. Or I could have gotten paid $11 + mileage compensation to sit in a room and read a book for eight hours. That's more than I get paid for sitting on my bed reading a book for a lot longer than 8 hours.

Speaking of books, I started The Hunger Games today. Oh. My. Gosh. It's so good! And intense. I don't want to talk about it too much because I don't want to give anything away, but I'm totally enthralled by it. I suggest everyone reading this go out and get a copy. I mean, sure, it's aimed at teenagers and can be found in what my friend Dillon likes to call the "Teen Girl" section of Barnes & Noble, but it's so intense. And not at all girly. I think every gender/age/etc. would find it interesting. Unless you prefer really boring things. Then you'd probably hate it.

Other than that, I worked today. I'm getting excited because we're going to have a movie sale soon and there's tons and tons I want to buy. Of course, I'm trying to budget my money, but it's hard because now that I have money, there's so much I want to spend it on. How aggravating.

Tomorrow I have the day to sit around and do nothing. I think I might take my laptop over to my uncle for some optimizing before I leave for school. He can clear up all of the clutter from when this belonged to my mom and she used it for her business and had tons and tons of crap on it. And maybe he can make it run faster. That would be really nice.

I'm also going to see a community production of Miss Saigon that a lot of my friends are in. I'm excited for that, too. Then, this weekend I'm going camping. Yay for mini-vacations!!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I intend to. :)

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW! ISN'T IT SOOO AMAZING???? I'm so excited for Mockingjay. It comes out on the 24th. I can't wait, but then again, it will be said when it's all over :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean sad*. It will be sad when it's all over :P

    ReplyDelete