Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Have I mentioned how much I hate humidity?

Location: Dorm room desk
Listening to: Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
Followers: 21!!!

I still can't think of anything to put where I used to have my college countdown. I want to put something that changes fairly constantly. Like, in Hayley's blog, she puts the color of her current nail polish and the amount of Chipotle she's eaten so far this year. Or in Kristina's blog, she puts the last thing that she Googled (and also the amount of Chipotle she's eaten). I want to do something creative that doesn't involve numbers if it doesn't have to. I know I got some suggestions in the last post but I honestly can't remember what they were.

Anyway, I have a new follower!! Thanks csmith2884 (I think those are the numbers, at least). 

It's disgustingly hot out today. I have two fans pointed at me. We have all kinds of freshman orientation, get-to-know-your-way-around-campus, friend-making type activities today. I think most of them are going to be in air conditioned buildings, for which I am eternally thankful. My room mate is over there right now. I don't have to go for another hour. 

I've met a lot of cool people so far. I've made friends with a few other journalism majors who were in the leadership program I went to and who will also be writing for the newspaper. They seem fun. And I made friends with a bunch of RA's. And some people on my floor who were also helping people move in yesterday. 

So far, I really like college. Except the gross heat/humidity. That can go away any time. I'm excited to start classes on Thursday. I don't know if I've mentioned what I'm taking this semester, but I will now.

My Classes:
-History of Mass Communication
-History Through Film (Civil War & Reconstruction)
-New Student Seminar
-World of the Arts
-Global Perspectives
-Theater Appreciation

It should be pretty fun.

Last night a hypnotist came to campus and put on a show. It was hilarious. For one of the things she made a bunch of girls believe that someone was pinching their butt every time she said "magic". So the girls who thought that would get really pissed at the guys sitting next to them. And eventually these two girls started getting up and pushing the guys out of the circle. It was hilarious. They looked like robots.

Well, I can't really think of anything else to say. I guess I'll write more tomorrow when I'm done with orientation crap. If you have any ideas for me about what I should put instead of my college countdown, leave it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment